Office for European Expertise and Communications (OEEC) invites to take part in training “NGO Management: Mission, Values, and Managerial Approaches”.
This November Abby Ingraham, US expert, will conduct trainings in four Belarusian cities and share her experience in practices of how to develop NGO capacity and manage non-profit organizations.
The trainings are designed for representatives of non-profit organizations and initiative groups with little experience, as well as for experienced NGOs that would wish to train their new members.
These trainings will instruct participants in:
- developing a compelling mission statement based on their organizations’ core values and its target groups’ needs;
- properly building, expanding or restructuring their organizations while avoiding common pitfalls;
- effectively managing and distributing social, human, and financial resources;
- developing close partnerships with stakeholder groups;
- initiating and structuring fundraising strategies for robust donor involvement.
Who is the Expert?
Abby Ingraham, Maine, USA, is a business communications and non-profit management specialist. Abby has worked with companies such as SydneyWater directly supporting Sydney’s successful 2000 Olympic bid, the World Secretariat of the YWCA in Geneva, Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, the ILO, and others. She has two overriding passions that inform her work: fast forwarding collective advancement through improved organizational communication and teaching people how to maximize synergy between stakeholder groups.
Where and When?
Five identical trainings will take place in four regional centers. You can take part in only one of them:
- November 13-14, Minsk (for participants from Minsk, Vitebsk, and Mogilev regions);
- November 16-17, Brest (for Brest region);
- November 19-20, Grodno (for Grodno region);
- November 23-24, Minsk (for Minsk, Vitebsk, and Mogilev regions);
- November 27-28, Gomel (for Gomel region).
In case the dates of training for your region do not suit you but you really want to participate you can mark the suitable date in your application. While selecting the participants, OEEC, however, will give the priority to the representatives of the specified region.
Terms of Participation
The participation is free of charge. It is necessary to fill in the form following the link. Deadline is November 8 inclusive. We’ll provide more detailed information about the venue of the trainings to the selected participants not later than November 10.
Trainings will be translated from English to Russian or Belarusian. The organizers provide meals and accommodation for participants from other towns. OEEC does not cover travel expenses of the participants. All your questions are welcome by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.